Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Boat Man Death "The Cemetery"

I spent the day in a graveyard, walking amongst the tombstones.  I read the names of the dead.  I remember them all.  Their passage their final thoughts and emotions.  Some still exist in my world unable to move beyond the shores of the Styx.  Even as I walk among the living I keep one foot in my world.  Without me there would be chaos.  Humans cannot be in two places at once but entities like myself exist beyond space time and can divide our attentions quite literally. 

 I do not know why it has taken me so long to come to the surface for a visit.  But if the past few days are any indication my visit is long overdue.
There was a bench by a tomb, the name Smith carved intricately into the structure.  I know him.  He still sits beside the shore after one hundred years moaning for the life he lost and the children he left behind, his youngest daughter is still alive, married for the past 40 years.  She is happy but she still misses her father.  Her memories of him are vague but she can recall quite well sitting on his lap as he read her stories.  Her fascination with the literary word was kindled on those memories.  She has become quite an accomplished writer.  Her father would be proud.  I pray he moves on one day and can be there waiting for her when she passes.

I have had time today as I sit among the graves to reflect of my intrusion at the mall.  It was difficult to admit that I enjoyed what I had done.  The teen went home that night after being released from the hospital.  He was lying in bed crying.  When I last he drifted off into sleep I came to him in his dream and had a talk about what I had shown him.  I explained his future was his own, he could either be the person I showed him he would be or forge a new path.  I helped him to understand the errors he has made and why he may have chosen to be the violent youth I had seen.  I think it helped.  But something new happened I have never witnessed in all my years.  I checked his timeline before I left him.  There was none.  It didn’t exist.  I don’t know what this could mean.  I fear my presence in this world may be causing trouble on a cosmic scale.

For now I will sit among the dead.  I feel at home here.  The silence is joyous.  I exist in a place of perpetual mourning.  Silence is a luxury I have never had before so I sit and enjoy it.  I think I will stay here another day or two and see what this place of solemn silence has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment