Thursday, March 8, 2018

"Sati"


I am watching her. I am not sure if I am concealed appropriately or she is aware of my presence.  I have been trying to keep my eye on her from a distance since the beginning of the human New year.  Tracking her had been extremely difficult.  She is an entity of unknown power and to be able to hide from me is indeed an amazing feat.  In all the millennia I have walked among the living and the dead there has not been one like her who had existed.  She is a new form of life and I am not sure what this means for myself or for humanity.

I want to believe this is a great thing and something that humanity as a whole has sorely needed, there is a sad lack of true morality in the majority of the species and I do pray that this Sati is a product of the greater side of mankind rather than an amalgamation of the worst aspects.

Morality seems to be dictated by differences in society and era's. It is most often dictated by the majority. It is fluid and ever changing. I am not sure humanity has ever truly grasped what morality is. It is always dictated by whomever is in power and so often biased or flawed and justified. One day humanity will grasp real morality and history will explore the dark ages of human thought in great detail. A mentally ill person cannot be objective and unbiased in their own self diagnosis. The same concept goes for humanity. You will not truly be able to understand yourselves until you have evolved beyond your infancy.

I do not know what to make of her. I do not know the effect absorbing the entirety of the Styx can have on the human  mind and I have a genuine concern  it may have burned out her soul. Her very essence could have been corrupted. I must tread carefully. At the same time I cannot ignore the obvious feeling of tranquility that encapsulates me when she is present. I saw the effect she had on the party goers at the New Years Eve festivities and I can't dismiss that. But it would also not be the first time in history for a wolf to have worn sheep's clothing so I cannot allow myself the luxury of optimism. The power this entity has is truly staggering and equal to my own if not surpassing my own power.

I am sitting above the clouds letting my wings best the cold night air. The current feels nice passing over and under the black feathers. My cloak that wraps about my bones has many functions and this is by far one of my favorites. I do not fly often but when I do it is a very peaceful euphoric feeling.  In my realm there is no sky only the high vaulted stone ceilings of the cavern the Styx inhabits. An endless expanse of dark passageways leading to every kind of nightmare and misery that can be imagined. The only place there to even view a sky is in my throne room. It is a place between our world's, existing in yours and mine at once.

From my vantage point I can see her moving through a crowd of people in a market in Marakesh. Such beauty, such grace. I try to be objective but my eyes look upon her as a father would a daughter. I want to protect the world from her but at the same time I want to protect her from the evils of the world. I am torn as I have never felt this before and am unfamiliar as to how to maneuver such emotion. 

The full moon is sitting high in the night sky as she makes her way through the market looking at the vendors and taking the flowers and breads in her hands smelling them, smiling to whomever she encounters. I watch as she leaves the market making her way down a small dirt road, the darkness of the evening blanketing her and the distance between her and th warmth of the market lights fades. I look ahead and see it. A group of men lying in wait for lone victims traveling the road. I turn sharply beating my wings, rushing to her defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment