Thursday, May 26, 2016

Boat Man Death "The Cemetery" Day 2

I enjoy so much a journey through the graves.  Each grave tells a story, a history of an individual.  I recommend to all my readers you visit a graveyard at least one time in your life and really soak in the ambiance of this silent world.  Imagine the dead dancing among the stones as if at a ball.  The quiet footsteps upon the grass as men and women dance arm in arm pining for their lost familial ties.  Read the stones, hear the words of the deceased and those who loved them.  There is joy, comedy and sorrow in the words engraved upon the slabs.  There is no safer or mediatative place on the planet than the graveyard.

I suppose I have a body somewhere in this universe.  I do not remember being alive but I am certain I was.  Living outside time and space can warp the mind. Centuries can go by in seconds, and minutes can take eons.  For me time is not a linear thing, but a mighty river filled with eddy's and rapids.  I can bend it to my will if I choose.  I can go forward or backward in time but I cannot change it.  As much as I would like to sometimes.  Attempting to chnage the timeline can have tragic consequences on the multiverse humans could never hope to grasp.

I have seen all throughout time and although I have never visited historical periods in time physically I have witnessed many things by projecting my mind.  Perhaps it is time I actually went there. Walking among the tombstones I have to admit I have come to appreciate a new understanding of the fragility of life and its history.  I am overcome with a wanderlust for the world laid out before me. Perhaps my  next trip will be to a different era in time where I can answer some of the mysteries of mans chronology.

Human's have such a lust for life, they guard it with such ferocity, but on the same token they are so quick to extinguish lives.  It is hard to grasp the loss of all the memories, the hopes and dreams, the joy and sorrow lost to the sands of time. How could a species treasure life and waste it at the same time.  Every life is precious no matter how good or evil they may present themselves.  Every life is a facinating story of triumph and heartbreak that build the structure of ones existence.  I pray that humanity will one day evolve to understand this and stop the slaughter.

For now I sit on a bench and watch the river of time flow around me, the movement of  men and women scurrying to their destinations without stopping to examine the reality that surrounds them. The wonder of life,  I pray my dear reader you will take a moment out of each day to look to the sky and realize that although you may eist in a vast universe, there is only one of you occupying it and your life matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment