Monday, May 16, 2016

"Death comes to town"

Dear Readers,


It is I who have manifested, he who ferry’s the dead, The Boatman.

I have decided after much thought to come to the world of the living for a time.  My curiosity has been piqued and I wish to live among the people.  When you come to me it is mostly an experience of intense misery or sorrow at your own passing that I am witness to.  I want to see you as you are, alive.  I want to see the love for family, the joy and sorrows of life not of death.  I want to see your jealousy, your rage, your greed and your struggle for power in a world where that is an illusion.

I came to the world of the living on February 2, 2016. I felt ground hog day a fitting emergence into your world.  Like the humble groundhog I am briefly popping above ground looking for a shadow but in this case the shadow I am seeking is experience.

When I arrived I bought myself a nice small home in a suburb near a city.  I am enjoying my new neighbors and the atmosphere I have found myself in.  I would like to give a daily account of my experiences for my readers, but forgive me for not saying the location in which I am residing, I do not want any unexpected guests.  If the world knew I was walking among the living there is no telling the people who would visit me.  So let me be clear in case a reader does locate me. 

“No I cannot bring a loved one back from the dead, I cannot cure your diseases or right the wrongs of the world.  I am a simple ferry man and I have no more effect on your world than you do.  My hope is that my readers pay heed to my words and learn something from them.  There are a lot of question in life we all would like the answers to and I have decided to write this blog to answer some of you question about life, god and eternity.  So do not hesitate to state your queries.”

I have to admit I seem to have arrived at a particularly volatile time in your history.  Being in the underworld I do not follow the goings on of the living and get much of my information from some of my more chatty ferries.  Since coming to this world I have immersed myself in the recent happening of the world and I must state, it is depressing.  Humans have squandered the gift of life like ungrateful children.  It is true.  “You never know what you have until it’s gone.”


I have never witnessed a species so ungrateful and ignorant of its own existence.  You close yourselves off from the big picture content to exist in a bubble of safety for fear of the larger world.  I weep for your blindness, I pray for your eventual clarity.

Until the next entry I bid you farewell....

May the wisdom of the universe find you.

1 comment:

  1. If you circle your I's and then reword your sentences to erase half of them, your story will be much stronger. The best way to edit this story would be to rewrite it, especially because it's short and rewriting won't take up much time.
    The premise is interesting.
    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete