Saturday, September 8, 2018

Our Path (part one)

We each are on a path. A long journey through a deep wood overgrown with  ferns and thicket.  The key  is that we have to constantly clear the path to follow.  We can see it but in order to follow it we must have the patience and determination to push through the muck and the growth to keep on it.  Sometimes we think we have no path or no direction and no motivation to progress.  There we are stuck in the quicksand of our own mind and if we don't pull ourselves out of it then we are doomed to sink and be lost.  But we are not capable of being forever lost.  There is always someone or something capable of pulling us out and helping us find our path again.

About two thousand years ago I myself had lost the path.  The mundaity of my existence began to impress itself upon me.  I was not sure I could go on.  There is a way for a timeless being to opt out of existence and I was at that point.  The wails of the dead became a constant grind in my head and I lost faith in the path laid before me.  I was stuck.  It was a this time I decided to put myself in a mortal body and walk the Earth as a human.  Powerless.  I was aware of who I was but until I died I was stuck in human form.  I felt this would be the best way to attempt to understand my place in the universe.  I decided the best city to live was to be Carthage.  At this point in history Carthage had recently fallen to the Roman empire.  It was a city built on a rich history.  It is contested on the existence of Queen Dido and the stories in which she built her empire, but it was true.  This amazing queen did in fact exist and I had met her on more than one occasion during her reign.  Although she had no knowledge of whom she was meeting when her death came upon her she met me again and understood.  She is one of the few souls in existence to pass to my world content.  She still exists to this day in a cave far from the sticks watching history pass by.  It was by her advice I chose Carthage.

I came into my human existence as a babe just as an of you would.  I was brought forth by parents of squalor.  They had little to give but had no hesitance in their devotion to their offspring, I was born as the third child in a line of five.  My youngest sister would pass of sickness at the tender age of two while my two older brother would grow up to serve in the Carthage guard working closely with the Roman Legion to keep the peace in the city and defend the walls.  The other surviving child was a younger sister who would at the age of ten be married off to a man of twenty for three goats and twenty pieces of silver.

As third in line with two older brothers having departed from the family farm it became my responsibility to milk and feed the goat and to bring in any harvest that had the potential for sale beyond what was needed to feed the remainder of the family.  I at the time of this responsibility being thrust upon me was only at the age of thirteen.  I had created my life with one rule, I would not know who I truly was until the age of fifteen.  I had decided I wanted to live my life as wholly as possible until then.  At the age of fifteen my memories would return and I could then decide what path was best to take from there.  I wanted time to truly understand the mortality of being human.  The unknown sounds of the night, the fear of the Gods.  The utter ignorance of the universe.  To live completely.  Then by the time I reached the proper age I could seek out the intellectuals of the time and seek their knowledge.

(END PART 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment