Thursday, September 1, 2016

Enter Sati

I see her.  I stand on the outside of her house.  I wave my hand against the wall and it becomes transparent only to me.  She is lying in her marital bed writhing in agony.  I can feel her mind burning from the images she sees.  The whole of space and time racing through her mind driving her insane.  I look inside her mind beyond the current of the Styx to see the woman beneath.  I am greeted with her memories, her thoughts.  Her dreams are displayed before me like papers layed upon a table.  Her most private thoughts make themselves manifest before my eyes.  They  jump from the page dancing about my minds eye like actors upon a stage.  She is beautiful, her mind is a scene of indescribable beauty, a ray of light in the darkness of this accursed place.  I am taken aback that such a soul can exist in this hell.  

I go deeper into her mind, I want to see what has made such a beautiful creature manifest itself on this mortal plane.  How could a soul develop such beauty in such a terrible place.  I go deeper.  And I see.  I see the pain, I see the horror this soul has witnessed, but I see something else.  Every memory lined with a golden aura.  I have never seen this.  I was not immediately sure what I was seeing but then it became clear.  The workings of her mind were explained.  This woman took all the misery and death and pain she has experienced and witnessed and put it into a perspective only a saint could.  She sees these experiences as the birth pains of something much greater to come.  She has an image in her mind of where humanity is headed and it is beautiful.  She is an amazing creature able to see the potential in the species, able to see what the future could be with  the right guiding hand.  For the first time in millenia tears are brought to my non-existent eyes and the tears drop to my cheek bones and fall to the dirt beneath my feet.

I must spare her the pain before it burns her mind beyond repair.  No human can endure this and I must take these images from her before she is left nothing but a husk.  I reach my hand up and touch the wall, it passes though as if it were not there.  I step through the wall and am by her bedside.  Her pain is my own, I can feel the burning, molten metal poured in, her pain is absolute.  I begin to reach my hand to her forehead to ease the fire.  

Before I can place my hand upon this beautiful creatures brow she stops her writhing and becomes still.  Her breathing settles and she is at peace.  I pull my hand away and take a step back in confusion.  I do not understand.  She then opens her eyes and looks at me.  She should not be able to see me, but she does.  She looks deep into my soul, blazing green eyes replacing the familiar brown of her race.  She has become something else. I see it growing inside of her, consuming her.  I am witnessing the birth of a new life.  Everything human is being stripped away and something else is left in its place.  There is instant recognition in her eyes.  She knows me.  I feel fear now, a feeling I am unaccustomed to.  I am not sure  what to do next, I was unprepared for the Styx to have this type of effect on a human and in all right this should not be possible.

Her breathing is relaxed as she slowly rises from the bed to stand before me.  She is beautiful.  Her aura glows a deep gold shining so bright it hurts to look at her.  There is a sense of true serenity in those blazing green eyes.  Knowledge far beyond any human concept.  She is one with the universe. The birth of a goddess.  She is the Styx manifest.  I can see the essence of the river flow through her.  It is as if I am gazing into the very heart of creation.

She raises her hand and puts it to where my cheek should be, I can feel her touch.  This is not possible!  She looks at me so lovingly, full of intrigue, then I hear it in my head.  A soft angelic voice.

"I am Sati."

Before I can move my hand to hers she turns to sand and wisps away out the open window and I am left standing there alone.

"What have I created?"


No comments:

Post a Comment